DETAILED DIRECTIONS TO OUR NORTHSHORE MARINA LOCATION
The Northshore location no longer allows charter pick-up for anyone other than marina tenants. If you are a marina tenant, please call Sail Austin to make arrangements for waterside pick-up. Otherwise, please come to our South shore location at Hurst Harbor Marina.
For Northshore Marina tenants:
The charter location is northwest of downtown Austin on Lake Travis. The 36 mile drive should take you about 45-50 minutes. Be sure you have received a text from Cap’n Tim with the access codes for the gated community where Sail Austin is based. Specifically, you need to go to Northshore Marina which is located just off of RR 1431 between the suburbs of Jonestown and Lago Vista. So, find your way to Hwy 183. Go north to 1431 and then go West toward Jonestown/Lago Vista.
Once on 1431:
- Go through Jonestown (watch your speed – the local authorities are very watchful!).
- About 3 miles later start looking for a wooden water tower on your left.
- Turn South on Destination Way (by the wooden water tower).
- Go 1 block.
- Turn left on Old Burnet Road.
- Go 3 miles.
- Turn right onto Lantern View Drive.
- The gate to the community is sometimes locked. Go through the gate using the code provided (press the # symbol FIRST followed by the 4 digit code – call Cap’n Tim if you have any access trouble).
- Drive 1 mile until you see the marina access gate on your right. Park across the street from the marina gate in the large lot.
- Text or call the Captain to let him know you have arrived (817-909-2378).
- Use the 3 digit code to gain access to the tram which will take you down the hill to the marina.
- Once at the marina level, follow the signs to the Ships Store (to your left).
- The Captain will meet you at the yacht.
Get excited about the experience!